- 3 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- Pecan halves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour into three greased 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla and enough milk to achieve a spreading consistency. Place one cake layer on a serving platter; spread with a third of the frosting. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with pecan halves if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Pumpkin Torte in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p121
Reviews for Pecan Pumpkin Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2010
"best cake in the world"