Pecan Pumpkin Loaf Recipe
This is a moist, golden bread that's chock-full of nuts. We love it.—Douglas Jennings, Ottawa, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add pumpkin; beat well. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to pumpkin mixture alternately with water. Stir in nuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 each) equals 215 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC