- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add pumpkin; beat well. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to pumpkin mixture alternately with water. Stir in nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Pecan Pumpkin Loaf in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p53
Reviews for Pecan Pumpkin Loaf(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review