Pecan Pumpkin Dessert Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Line a 13x9-in. baking dish with waxed paper and coat the paper with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, milk, sugar, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle with cake mix and drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Invert onto a large serving platter; carefully remove waxed paper.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Frost dessert. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 568 calories, 33g fat (17g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Pumpkin Dessert
"This is nothing less than a 5 star dessert! I make it a minimum of 4x per Thanksgiving/Xmas holiday (and usually many times in-between) and have for the past 7 years. I don't know if I would be allowed to attend our family Thansksgivings without it because many years ago it replaced the traditional pumpkin pie! Everyone looks forward to this dessert and newbies ALWAYS request the recipe. I even started using this as my preferred "Wedding Shower" recipe to share with new brides :)"
"Someone said this had no taste. Looking at the Recipe, I would agree. You have to add the spices, if you buy the Pumpkin that doesn't have the spices already in it..............I'm sure that's what she did. I would add spices to this........cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin pie spice......to give it more pumpkin taste. I will make this, it look's really good! Add spices to taste!"
"Question: Has anyone ever made this ahead and frozen it?"
"I make this again and again and even get requests to make it. A family favorite and a crowd pleaser. FANTASTIC!!"
"An older lady from our church brought this to a potluck the month that it was issued in 2000. Since then it has been a staple to every Thanksgiving and Christmas. It has almost entirely replaced pumpkin pie, and has completely done away with the idea of pumpkin cheesecake. We cannot live without it."
"Delicious, delicious, delicious!! Had it for the first time two weeks ago at my nephews house. Had to make it when I got home for one of my company suppers. Everyone raved about it. Definitely will make it again."
"This was a huge disappointment. The texture was very weird and bland tasting! It should have had pumpkin spice added to it for flavor. Even my husband who eats anything I make didn't like it.:("
"Rich, but wonderfully delicious! Simple to make."
"Love this dessert! I have been making it for a couple of years now, and it is a favorite with everyone."
"I found this recipe years ago and have made it many times each fall and winter. Everytime I have taken it somewhere I have been asked for the recipe or they will request that I bring the pumpkin dessert. It is a favorite of our family and extended family. We raise pumpkins and so I collect pumpkin recipes to use as well as to give out to our customers as well."
"Great stuff and so "morrish"!!!"