I love to play with cheesecakes by mixing and matching flavors. This one with pumpkin and maple is the star of our Thanksgiving spread. —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325°. Wrap a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square) around a greased 9-in. springform pan. Mix cracker crumbs and granulated sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugars and maple syrup until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low just until blended. Whisk in pumpkin, cornstarch, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice; pour over crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 70-80 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For topping, combine whipping cream and maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Continue boiling, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 15-20 minutes. Stir in toasted pecans. Refrigerate until cold.
- Remove rim from pan. Stir topping; spoon over chilled cheesecake. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Pumpkin Cheesecake in Taste of Home November 2016
Reviews for Pecan Pumpkin Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2016
"My son said this is new favorite cheesecake! Delicious!"
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2016 Edited Oct. 14, 2016
"Very good. Made just like recipe. Next time will cook 60 min in my oven and probably only 1 T cornstarch. I used butternut squash I cooked, as this always makes the best pies.I am editing my review of only 4 stars. Made this on wed night. Ate on Thurs night and gave 4 stars. By fri and Sat night especially cake was the best. 2 times better than letting set overnight. Changing rating to 5 stars. It's hard to get 5 stars from me!!"
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2016