Pecan Pumpkin Biscuits
Our two daughters love munching on these rich pecan-studded biscuits for breakfast. I make dozens and serve them piping-hot with butter and honey.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter
- until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Combine
- pumpkin and cream; stir into dry ingredients. Turn onto a floured
- surface; knead four to six times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut
- with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve
- warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 194 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.