Pecan Pumpkin Biscuits Recipe
Our two daughters love munching on these rich pecan-studded biscuits for breakfast. I make dozens and serve them piping-hot with butter and honey.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Combine pumpkin and cream; stir into dry ingredients. Turn onto a floured surface; knead four to six times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Pumpkin Biscuits in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p14
Reviews for Pecan Pumpkin Biscuits(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review