I just had to share my mom's recipe for these drop cookies. The light-as-a-cloud taste is simply heavenly.
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 3 egg whites
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a bowl, beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Gradually
- add brown sugar, beating until stiff peaks form, about 5-8 minutes.
- Fold in vanilla and pecans. Drop by well-rounded teaspoonfuls onto
- greased baking sheets. Bake at 225° for 50-55 minutes or until
- firm to the touch. Store in airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 95 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.