Pecan Pound Cake Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in coconut and pecans.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan; spread evenly. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 424 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Pecan Pound Cake
"This is one of my favorite pound cake recipes. It always turns out great, and people love it! It is perfect for a dessert buffet, especially around holiday time as an alternative to pumpkin and cranberry desserts. The combination of coconut and pecans is scrumptious!"
"This was a very good pound cake."
"Are there any substutions that would make this suitable for Disbetics"