Pecan Pound Cake
This cake always turns out great. It's wonderful with a steaming cup of coffee on a chilly winter day.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light
- and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour and salt; stir into creamed
- mixture just until combined. Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan; spread evenly. Bake
- at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 424 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.