This cake always turns out great. It's wonderful with a steaming cup of coffee on a chilly winter day.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan; spread evenly. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Pound Cake in Country December/January 1998, p49
Reviews for Pecan Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review