- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine flour and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan; spread evenly. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Pound Cake in Country December/January 1998, p49
Reviews for Pecan Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2016
"Very good. Nice crust, good flavor. Will make this again"
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2012
"This was a very good pound cake."
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2009
"Are there any substutions that would make this suitable for Disbetics"