- 1/4 cup each finely chopped carrot, celery and onion
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups unseasoned stuffing croutons
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 6 chicken breast halves (bone in)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- In a large skillet, saute carrot, celery and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until crisp-tender. Add poultry seasoning, celery salt and pepper; mix well. Remove from the heat. Add croutons and pecans; toss Stir in enough broth to moisten. Divide stuffing into six equal amounts. Loosen skin on one side of each chicken breast. Place stuffing under skin. Arrange chicken with stuffing side up in a ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter. Stir in lemon juice; drizzle over chicken. Sprinkle with salt and paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until chicken is browned and juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Poultry Stuffing in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p83
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pecan Poultry Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review