- In small bowl, combine cherries and port wine; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut pork into 12 slices; flatten slices to 1/2-in.
- thickness. Place pecans in a food processor; cover and process until
- finely chopped. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the
- pecans, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Add pork, a few pieces at a
- time; shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork in butter in
- batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Drain
- cherries; serve with pork and sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: You may substitute 2 ounces Brie and 1 ounce blue cheese for the Cambozola cheese.
Nutritional Facts: 2 slices pork with about 3 tablespoons sauce and 1 tablespoon cherries equals 542 calories, 42 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.