Pecan Pork Medallions with Cambozola Cream Recipe
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces Cambozola cheese, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
- 3 tablespoons port wine
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small saucepan, combine white wine and shallot. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Add the cream, cheese, Worcestershire sauce, pepper sauce, salt and white pepper. Return to a boil; cook until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. In small bowl, combine cherries and port wine; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut pork into 12 slices; flatten slices to 1/2-in. thickness. Place pecans in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the pecans, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Add pork, a few pieces at a time; shake to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork in butter in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Drain cherries; serve with pork and sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Pork Medallions with Cambozola Cream in Country Woman June/July 2010, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pecan Pork Medallions with Cambozola Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review