Pecan Pork Chops
A delicate butter and brown sugar glaze is a tasty topping for these broiled pork chops.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Broil pork chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, in a
- small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and mustard. Stir in
- the butter and vinegar until smooth.
- Turn chops over and broil for 2 minutes. Spoon about 2 teaspoons
- sugar mixture over top of each chop. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or
- until a thermometer reads 145°. Top each chop with 1 teaspoon
- pecans. Broil 1 minute more or until pecans are toasted. Let stand
- for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 97 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.