- 8 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Broil pork chops 4-5 in. from the heat for 4 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and mustard. Stir in the butter and vinegar until smooth.
- Turn chops over and broil for 2 minutes. Spoon about 2 teaspoons sugar mixture over top of each chop. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Top each chop with 1 teaspoon pecans. Broil 1 minute more or until pecans are toasted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pecan Pork Chops(3)
Sort By :
All the glaze seemed to slide off and the pork chops didn't have much flavor. My husband liked them, though.
This is one of the easiest and best recipes I've found thus far.It's quick, easy, HEALTHY (low in calories despite sugar and low in salt). I fixed with squash and zuchini side...really great.
Very easy to make, and was very tastefull also. Wild rice and a vegetable medley complimented the pork chops. Will definetely make again