Pecan Poppy Seed Loaves Recipe
"This bread is wonderful for brunch or with a cup of tea or coffee," notes Jean Switzer of Pauline, South Carolina. "I keep a few loaves on hand in case friends drop in," she adds. "Wrapped in foil, they stay moist for quite a while."
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine poppy seeds and water. Add cake and pudding mixes, eggs and oil. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in pecans. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 135 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Poppy Seed Loaves
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC