Pecan Plum Cake Recipe
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped canned plums, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the egg, oil, sugars and orange peel. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture (batter will be thick). Fold in plums.
- 2. Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 345 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 119mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Plum Cake
"how many cans of plums do you need for 1 1/2 cups?"