Pecan Plum Cake Recipe
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped canned plums, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the egg, oil, sugars and orange peel. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture (batter will be thick). Fold in plums.
- 2. Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 345 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Plum Cake
"how many cans of plums do you need for 1 1/2 cups?"