Pecan Pizza Recipe
Try this sweet-and-salty dessert for something different to serve for your next get-together.—Margie Rumminger, Gillette, Wyoming
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Beat in flour until blended.
- 2. Press dough onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan; arrange pecan halves around outside edge of dough. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, brown sugar and vanilla. Immediately spread over hot crust to within 1/2 in. of pecan halves. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 slices.
1 slice equals 320 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC