- On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12-in. x
- 10-in. rectangle. With a sharp knife or pastry wheel, cut dough into
- 2-in. squares. Place 3 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Cut through the dough from each corner of the square to within 1/2
- in. of the center. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of filling into the center of
- each square. Fold alternating points of the square to the center to
- form a pinwheel. Press a cherry half into the center of each.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 69 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.