This pie was always a favorite for birthdays while my children were grouping up. They never liked the typical party cakes. My mother gave me the old-fashioned recipe for lard crust...it turns out every time!
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs just until blended but not frothy. Add the
- sugar, salt and corn syrup. Stir butter and vanilla just until
- blended. Spread pecans in the bottom of pie shell. Pour in filling.
- Place in a 350° oven and immediately reduce heat to 325°.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center
- comes out clean. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 441 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.