Pecan Pie Thumbprints Recipe
A good buttery dough and nutty filling take time to make, but the results are so worth it. After munching on a few, I think you'll agree.— Peggy Key, Grant, Alabama
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and corn syrup. Gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- 2. For filling, in a small saucepan, combine confectioners' sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in pecans. Remove from pan; refrigerate 30 minutes or until cold.
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. In a small bowl, whisk egg whites; brush over tops.
- 4. Bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven. Gently press an indentation in center of each cookie with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Fill each with a scant 1/2 teaspoon pecan mixture. Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until edges are light brown.
- 5. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 86 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Pie Thumbprints
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC