PECAN PIE was always requested by the family for special occasions. When we became empty nesters, it was hard to give up some of our family favorites when we found that leftovers were too much for the two of us. Smaller recipes were hard to come by, so I was delightful to find this one. Now we can have pecan pie - fresh - just for the two of us. -Noreen Johnson, Leesburg, Florida
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening and butter until crumbly. Add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Roll out pastry to fit an 18-oz. baking dish. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of the dish.
- Combine filling ingredients; mix well. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Pie For Two in Reminisce Extra October 1999, p47
Reviews for Pecan Pie for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review