Pecan Pie for Two Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening and butter until crumbly. Add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Roll out pastry to fit an 18-oz. baking dish. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of the dish.
- Combine filling ingredients; mix well. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Pecan Pie for Two
Sort By :
"This was excellent. The crust was quick and easy to make, and turned out rich and flaky. I found the oven temperature to be bit hot....next time I will bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes. I will be making this again for myself and husband. He was overjoyed at the prospect of pecan pie for a middle of the week treat!!"
"I like the fact that this makes two 4 inch pies but am leaving the flour out this time. I thought it did not add to the taste at all the first time I tried it and other recipes leave it out.Thanks though!"