Pecan Pie for Two Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening and butter until crumbly. Add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Roll out pastry to fit an 18-oz. baking dish. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of the dish.
- 2. Combine filling ingredients; mix well. Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 504 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Pie for Two
"This was excellent. The crust was quick and easy to make, and turned out rich and flaky. I found the oven temperature to be bit hot....next time I will bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes. I will be making this again for myself and husband. He was overjoyed at the prospect of pecan pie for a middle of the week treat!!"
"I like the fact that this makes two 4 inch pies but am leaving the flour out this time. I thought it did not add to the taste at all the first time I tried it and other recipes leave it out.Thanks though!"