Pecan Pie for a Crowd Recipe
Honey gives these pies a different yet delicious flavor. I sometimes add chocolate for a special twist.—Louise Covington, Bennettsville, South Carolina
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1-1/3 cups honey
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 12 to 15 cups chopped pecans
- 8 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°. In large bowls, combine the first seven ingredients. Add pecans. Pour 2-1/4 cups filling into each pastry shell.
- 2. Bake 40-50 minutes or until set (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 pies (8 servings each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 438 calories, 27 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC