Pecan Pie for a Crowd
Honey gives these pies a different yet delicious flavor. I sometimes add chocolate for a special twist.—Louise Covington, Bennettsville, South Carolina
64 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1-1/3 cups honey
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 12 to 15 cups chopped pecans
- 8 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- In large bowls, combine the first seven ingredients. Add pecans. Pour
- 2-1/4 cups filling into each pastry shell.
- Bake at 300° for 40-50 minutes or until set (cover edges with
- foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if
- necessary). Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8
- pies (8 servings each).
Editor's Note: To make chocolate pecan pies, melt 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips and add to the batter before adding pecans.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 438 calories, 27 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.