Pecan Pie Bars
These bars are rich and delicious - just like pecan pie! They're perfect for taking to potlucks and other gatherings...I always come home with an empty pan.
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) English toffee bits or almond brickle chips (7-1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture
- resembles coarse meal. Press firmly onto the bottom of a greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat the milk, egg, vanilla and salt until
- smooth. Stir in toffee chips and pecans; spread evenly over baked
- Bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool. Cover
- and chill; cut into bars. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 268 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.