These bars are rich and delicious - just like pecan pie! They're perfect for taking to potlucks and other gatherings...I always come home with an empty pan. —Carolyn Custer, Clifton Park, New York
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press firmly onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat the milk, egg, vanilla and salt until smooth. Stir in toffee chips and pecans; spread evenly over baked crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool. Cover and chill; cut into bars. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Pecan Pie Bars in Country Extra March 1993, p49
Reviews for Pecan Pie Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review