- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold butter, cubed
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until crust edges are beginning to brown and bottom is set.
- For filling, combine the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in pecans. Pour over crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until edges are firm and center is almost set. Cool on wire racks. Cut into bars. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Pie Bars for a Crowd
"Delicious, freezes well"
"I made a "half" recipe- just the right amount of crust to filling. The freeze well too"
"This was the best recipe in place of pecan pie, which met with a 100% approval rating!"
"I cut in half also for one large pan. They were perfect. Love them."
"There was way too much flour in this recipe - I spent around 45 minutes 'cutting' the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry cutter. I thought my arm was gonna fall off! I even added 6 tbsp of ice cold water to it, but that didn't help. I substituted 1/2 sugar & 1/2 Splenda in both the pastry & the filling & I used LITE corn syrup, since we have a bunch of diabetics in the family. The real workout was cutting the squares out of the heavy duty cookie sheets - then my arm did fall off! In the end, they were really good, but too hard of a workout for me!"