- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold butter, cubed
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until crust edges are beginning to brown and bottom is set.
- For filling, combine the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in pecans. Pour over crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until edges are firm and center is almost set. Cool on wire racks. Cut into bars. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Pie Bars for a Crowd
"These were delicious! The family loved them. I halved the recipe."
"This was a big hit for my gathering, I did half the recipe it made plenty and froze some for the next time. I make pecan tarts which is a lot of work this recipe is just as good and much easier."
"These bars are awesome! My 83 yr. old mother loves pecan pie and these bars satisfied that craving. I even got my 30 yr. old nephew hooked on them! As someone suggested, I used 1/2 white sugar and 1/2 brown sugar, no other changes. Yes, they freeze well, I froze them, and pulled out several at a time to eat, or the whole thing would have been gone too soon."
"Can you freeze them?"
"Sounds great.Love pecan pie and these bars sound just as good.I halved the recipe which waseasy for once(wish more of these large amount recipes were halved for we folks with small families"
"These bars are delicious and a lot easier than traditional pecan pie to eat at a potluck. I used half light corn syrup and half dark; next time, I'd like to try all dark syrup to see if it gives it a richer taste. Although the recipe says to pat the crust on the bottom and sides of the pan, I only put the crust on the bottom and it worked just fine. Word of warning- it bubbled over in the oven, set a foil-lined pan underneath to catch drips!"
"We loved it!!"
"Delicious, freezes well"
"I made a "half" recipe- just the right amount of crust to filling. The freeze well too"
"This was the best recipe in place of pecan pie, which met with a 100% approval rating!"