Pecan Pie Bars for a Crowd Recipe
I love to cook large quantities and do most of the cooking for our church functions. People seem to enjoy these scrumptious bars even more than pecan pie. -Clara Honeyager North Prairie, Wisconsin
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold butter, cubed
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until crust edges are beginning to brown and bottom is set.
- 2. For filling, combine the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in pecans. Pour over crust.
- 3. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until edges are firm and center is almost set. Cool on wire racks. Cut into bars. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 214 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC