- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold butter, cubed
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until crust edges are beginning to brown and bottom is set.
- For filling, combine the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in pecans. Pour over crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until edges are firm and center is almost set. Cool on wire racks. Cut into bars. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Pie Bars for a Crowd
Sort By :
"I cut the recipe by 1/2. These were delicious, like much better than a pecan pie."
"Disappointed in these, but I will try again. I'll use less flour as suggested in the crust and I'll add some molasses and a bit of salt for flavor in the filling. Wish I had made slightly less filling also as doluco suggested. Did not over flow but came VERY close. I will re-rate after I make them again."
"The next I make these I'm going to use less flour and put additional salt in the flour and add salt to the filling."
"I made these for my daughter-in-law's birthday party and they were a big hit! Several people said they were better than pecan pie. That being said, I did have a HUGE mess on my hands when I made them, as they ran over in my oven. What a stinky mess as the filling continued to burn in the hot oven! I used two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans as stated in the recipe, but it was just to much filling for that size. Next time, I will definitely not fill the pans quite as full in hopes of avoiding a burnt, stinky mess. Thank goodness for a self-cleaninng oven! These are very yummy!"
"So good! I also cut the recipie In half & cut the corn syrup to 1 cup & the sugar to one cup in the filling. This seems to be just the right sweetness for us."