- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold butter, cubed
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until crust edges are beginning to brown and bottom is set.
- For filling, combine the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in pecans. Pour over crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until edges are firm and center is almost set. Cool on wire racks. Cut into bars. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Pie Bars for a Crowd
Sort By :
"These are the best pecan bars. They taste better to me than a pecan pie. Not as sweet. I made these for a July 4th gathering and people couldn't keep their hands out of them. My sister (who never asks me to bring anything) made me promise to make them for Thanksgiving."
"I lost this recipe and am SO HAPPY to find it again! This recipe is my son's favorite. It makes a lot, though, so I cut the recipe in half. Awesome!"
"These bars are excellent. I make a lot of cookies and brownies for Christmas and this recipe will be one that I will make over and over."