- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold butter, cubed
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 cups corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until crust edges are beginning to brown and bottom is set.
- For filling, combine the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in pecans. Pour over crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until edges are firm and center is almost set. Cool on wire racks. Cut into bars. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Pie Bars for a Crowd
Sort By :
These are the best pecan bars. They taste better to me than a pecan pie. Not as sweet. I made these for a July 4th gathering and people couldn't keep their hands out of them. My sister (who never asks me to bring anything) made me promise to make them for Thanksgiving.
I lost this recipe and am SO HAPPY to find it again! This recipe is my son's favorite. It makes a lot, though, so I cut the recipe in half. Awesome!
These bars are excellent. I make a lot of cookies and brownies for Christmas and this recipe will be one that I will make over and over.