Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, corn syrup and vanilla. Pour into pastry shell; arrange pecans over top.
- Bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until set. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pecan Pie(6)
Sort By :
Will try again. The first time I made it, the crust really burned. I liked the taste of the pie filling and did it again, but set the oven lower, and it came out better. Someone needs to check and see if the right oven setting is in the cookbook.
375 deg was way too high. My pie boiled over in my oven.
I'm making this recipe right now. I was at the store and needed to know the ingredients for a pecan pie and this was the recipe that came up on my phone. I didn't read the directions or the reviews ahead of time... I hope it turns out! If not, I will learn my lesson! I will try to cover with foil to keep from burning the pecans, but I am concerned about how the texture will turn out...hoping for a gooey, caramel-y filling--Yikes :/
Absolutely the worse recipe. Pie is burnt before set up!!
We loved this pie. I mixed the nuts into the batter, which seemed to work really well. It didn't look like the picture, but it tasted scrumpscious.