To save time, I prepare the ingredients and dressing the day before, then combine them just before serving. This salad has become a star at family gatherings. Once, when I forgot to bring it, dinner was postponed so I could go home and get it! -Marjean Claassen, Sedgwick, Kansas
Recommended: 30 Fall Harvest Salads
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium ripe pears, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 2/3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Press raspberries through a sieve, reserving juice. Discard seeds. In a bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, pepper and reserved raspberry juice. Toss pear slices with lemon juice; drain.
- In a salad bowl, combine the salad greens, pears, pecans and raspberries. Sprinkle with cheese. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pecan-Pear Tossed Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p25
Reviews forPecan-Pear Tossed Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 15, 2008
"Use less oil and more raspberries in the dressing, or use another dressing. I also used mozarella cheese."