- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2/3 cup butterscotch ice cream topping, divided
- 2 cups chopped peeled ripe pears
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- Drain pears, reserving liquid. Puree pears in a blender; add enough reserved liquid to measure 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, eggs,
- vanilla, chopped pecans and pear puree; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, fold whipped topping into 1/3 cup butterscotch topping. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of the filling. Toss pears with lemon juice; sprinkle half of pears over the filling. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons butterscotch topping. Repeat layers.
- Arrange pecan halves on top of cake. Drizzle with remaining butterscotch topping. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Pecan Pear Torte
Sort By :
I will "Make&Taste" this delicious recipe at Holiday Time~
This recipe, when made, is absolutely delicious and my family loves it. I am keeping this recipe and will definitely make it again.
This is fabulous, especially if you let it sit in the fridge for awhile. It was even better the next day. I'm usually a chocolate person, but this is well worth a try. Yummy!