Pecan Pear Muffins Recipe
These muffins are delicious! Chock-full of pears, pecans and down-home goodness, the moist sweet treats are terrific with a glass of cold milk or a steaming cup of coffee. -Laura Ward, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups chopped peeled ripe pears (about 6 medium)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pears and pecans.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 259 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC