- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups chopped peeled ripe pears (about 6 medium)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the pears and pecans.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Pear Muffins
Sort By :
"Made these gluten-free, and they were wonderful! Family and friends all loved them, including all the wheat eaters."
"These are delicious muffins. I often only make a half batch which gives me a dozen and they freeze well."
"These are super delicious. The only change I made was instead of 1 cup of oil I used 1/2 cup of oil and 1/2 cup of applesauce. Will be making these again."
"I used 4 pears and 2 apples (added up to 4cups), vegetable oil, no pecans, and added 2tbsp of flaxseeds. It was quite dry after mixing the wet and dry ingredients (almost like a dry cookie dough) but got wetter as i was spooning them into the muffin cups. A bit too sweet for my taste so i'll cut some sugar next time. Unfortunately my kids didn't like them but the adults love it. End product was moist and delicious. i baked them at 150C (fan forced) for 25 minutes and it was still wet, had to bake another 10 minutes. Yield 24 muffins (base 5cm, height 4cm). my muffins did not rise a lot, i put 3/4 full and they did not even rise much above the rim."
"I doubled the cinnamon, added 1/2 t ginger & 1/4 t nutmeg and decreased the sugar to 1 c brown sugar and 1/2 white. Used 1/2 white whole wheat flour and 1/2 all-purpose. Tasty."