Pecan-Pear Green Salad
This lovely salad adds a special touch to any meal. The juicy pear slices, toasted pecans and mixed greens are coated in tangy vinaigrette dressing that's a pleasant complement to a sweet and crunchy combination.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 large ripe red pear, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute pear in 1 tablespoon butter until lightly
- browned, about 7 minutes. In a small skillet, saute pecans in
- remaining butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes; sprinkle
- with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Divide salad greens between two salad plates; arrange pears over
- greens. Sprinkle with pecans. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar,
- oil, pepper and remaining salt. Drizzle over salad. Yield: 2