This lovely salad adds a special touch to any meal. The juicy pear slices, toasted pecans and mixed greens are coated in tangy vinaigrette dressing that's a pleasant complement to a sweet and crunchy combination. -Katie Nicklas Ridgway, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 30 Fall Harvest Salads
- 1 large ripe red pear, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute pear in 1 tablespoon butter until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. In a small skillet, saute pecans in remaining butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Divide salad greens between two salad plates; arrange pears over greens. Sprinkle with pecans. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, pepper and remaining salt. Drizzle over salad. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pecan-Pear Green Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p27
Reviews for Pecan-Pear Green Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2009
"An excellent salad for that special occassion."