Pecan-Pear Green Salad Recipe
- 1 large ripe red pear, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, saute pear in 1 tablespoon butter until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. In a small skillet, saute pecans in remaining butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Divide salad greens between two salad plates; arrange pears over greens. Sprinkle with pecans. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, pepper and remaining salt. Drizzle over salad. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pecan-Pear Green Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p27
Reviews for Pecan-Pear Green Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2009
An excellent salad for that special occassion.