Pecan Pear Bread Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled pears
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a bowl, combine sugar and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to sour cream mixture and mix well. Stir in pears, pecans and lemon peel.
- 2. Spread into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 226 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Pear Bread
"nice change from apple bread. very moist."
"this is a nice light textured bread, not overly sweet. I may add a tad more cinnamon next time, because I like it. It will be a fall staple to use up my pear crop"
"Super moist, wonderful taste, quick to mix up - great recipe. Folks at work gobbled it up!"