Pecan Pear Bread Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled pears
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a bowl, combine sugar and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to sour cream mixture and mix well. Stir in pears, pecans and lemon peel.
- Spread into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Pecan Pear Bread in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p46
Reviews for Pecan Pear Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2010
"Super moist, wonderful taste, quick to mix up - great recipe. Folks at work gobbled it up!"