Pecan-Peach Ice Cream Cake
This is wonderful dessert for the winter months. The taste of summertime peach is always welcome during the long winter.—Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2-1/4 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1 carton (1-1/2 quarts) peach or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup peach preserves
- In a small bowl, combine 2 cups cookie crumbs, 1/2 cup pecans and
- butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Top with half of the cake cubes, ice cream and preserves. Repeat
- layers. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs and pecans. Cover and
- freeze for several hours or overnight. Let stand at room temperature
- for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 505 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.