Pecan Parmesan Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pecans, oregano, salt, basil and pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and cornstarch until smooth. Dip chicken into egg white mixture, then roll in crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 3. Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 chicken breast half) equals 238 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.