In the South, we love our fried chicken and we also love pecans. This is my favorite way to combine the two. I treat moist chicken breasts to a crunchy coating of pecans, Parmesan cheese, basil and oregano.—Dawn Harvey, Danville, Pennsylvania
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pecans, oregano, salt, basil and pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk egg whites and cornstarch until smooth. Dip chicken into egg white mixture, then roll in crumb mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Parmesan Chicken in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p10
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pecan Parmesan Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review