Pecan Oven-Fried Fryer
This recipe combines two Southern classicschicken and pecans. Although this chicken is baked in the oven, the rich nutty mixture gives it a fabulous fried flair.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine baking
- mix, pecans, paprika, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Dip
- chicken pieces in milk, then coat generously with pecan mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (14 ounces) equals 1,020 calories, 73 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 226 mg cholesterol, 1,849 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 57 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.