Pecan-Orange Salmon Recipe
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended.
- 2. Place salmon in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over salmon; sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, 15-18 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 297 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.