This baked salmon recipe is definitely a keeper—from the zesty taste of orange and mustard to the crunchy pecan topping. Simple yet elegant, you can plan it as the healthy centerpiece of any meal. Kari Caven, Post Falls, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons finely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place salmon in
- a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Pour orange juice mixture over
- salmon; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 297 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.