I call myself a “potluck overachiever.” I can never settle on just one dish and end up taking more. This baked salmon is definitely a favorite. —Kari Caven, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven
- ingredients until blended.
- Place salmon in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over
- salmon; sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, 15-18 minutes or
- until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 297 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.