Pecan-Orange Salmon Recipe
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended.
- 2. Place salmon in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over salmon; sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, 15-18 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet: 297 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Pecan-Orange Salmon
"Excellent! DH and I both enjoyed it. Since I have a horror of fishy fish I cut the baking time to 10 minutes and it was perfect. This will become a go-to recipe for us."
"I loved this! Very easy and healthy. Doesn't get much better in my book!"
"DH isn't a fish lover, but the cook thought it was tasty and non-fishy."
"This is THE BEST salmon recipe I have made. Very easy, delicious, fantastic cold as leftovers in a salad (or by itself)."
"I love the orange zest taste on the salmon! Easy to prep!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.