This baked salmon recipe is definitely a keeper—from the zesty taste of orange and mustard to the crunchy pecan topping. Simple yet elegant, you can plan it as the healthy centerpiece of any meal. Kari Caven, Post Falls, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven
- ingredients until blended.
- Place salmon in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Pour sauce over
- salmon; sprinkle with pecans. Bake, uncovered, 15-18 minutes or
- until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 297 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.