Thick bread slices, a touch of grated orange peel and crunchy pecans make this French toast something special. —Allan Whytock, Lebanon, Oregon
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Maple syrup
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Place bread in a 13x9-in. dish; pour egg mixture over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning slices once.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Pour butter into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; top with bread. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pecan French Toast in Country Extra March 2008, p51
Reviews for Pecan Orange French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review