Pecan Orange French Toast Recipe
Thick bread slices, a touch of grated orange peel and crunchy pecans make this French toast something special. —Allan Whytock, Lebanon, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Maple syrup
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Place bread in a 13x9-in. dish; pour egg mixture over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning slices once.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°. Pour butter into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; top with bread. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice (calculated without syrup) equals 418 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 169 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC