When I was a schoolteacher, these hearty pancakes--topped with my favorite syrup and fresh fruit--were the perfect energy booster for my hectic days. I still love their nutty flavor.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine milk, eggs and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until
- blended. Fold in pecans. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly
- greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook
- until second side is golden brown. Yield: 14-16 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 402 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.