When I was a schoolteacher, these hearty pancakes--topped with my favorite syrup and fresh fruit--were the perfect energy booster for my hectic days. I still love their nutty flavor.
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine milk, eggs and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in pecans. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 14-16 pancakes.
Originally published as Pecan-Oatmeal Pancakes in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p42
Reviews for Pecan-Oatmeal Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review