Pecan Oatmeal Loaf
Gertrude Stoegbauer of Menasha, Wisconsin adds chopped pecans to this oatmeal bread, giving it a wonderful nutty flavor. It's good toasted too.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust
- color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine
- directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2
- tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final
- kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the pecans.
- Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 147 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.