Pecan Oatmeal Loaf Recipe
Gertrude Stoegbauer of Menasha, Wisconsin adds chopped pecans to this oatmeal bread, giving it a wonderful nutty flavor. It's good toasted too.
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the pecans. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 147 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC